We try to avoid hard rules. The races over the past months show that [THR] racers know how to handle the car and how to deal with the oponents on track.
- When you are able to race on the same level then the other racers, then you have to give them space and try to avoid bumping them out of the way. Take care of the cars around you.
- The racer who has made a mistake and tries to get back on track must always take care of the cars approaching to his position. An unsafe entry to the racing line must always be prevented.
If you want to finish first, you have to finish first!
Rules so far:
1. Intentional and rude behavior
Intentional and rude behavior will not be tolerated and lead to a complete server and discord ban.
It is the responsibility of the driver that is trying to overtake, to make sure that the pass is made without contact. While driving behind a car, you are 100% responsible for avoiding contact.
To obtain right of road position, the overtaker's car must have significant overlap of the car that is being overtaken, before they reach the corner's turn-in point. Bumper next to bumper is where overlap starts. Door next to door is 100% overlap.
- If there is NO OVERLAP before turn-in point Ahead drivers have the right to take any line through a corner. Ahead drivers have the right to choose any line down a straight, but only one move to defend their position.See also 6. Defending.
- If there is OVERLAP before turn-in point The car on the outside has the right to outside room all the way through the corner, while the car on the inside has the right to inside room all the way through the corner. (During an overtaking manoeuvre both cars can´t use the optimal line, so both need to slow down in order to stay on their side of the track.)
4. Blue flag
If a blue flag is displayed on your screen, it tells you that a driver (who completed more laps than you) is going to overtake you and you are not allowed to defend. Rule No.1 is still in place, so keep on driving on your normal racing line. This is again important to be predictable.
While you are not blue flagged, you may try to avoid being overtaken with only one (1) direction change per straight. Movement in reaction is blocking and leads to penalty. (If you make your move, after the car behind you made his move, that is blocking.) Making your car wide by not using the optimal line is defending.
6. Pit exit
While leaving the pit, you are not allowed to cross the pit exit line. If you are on the track and a driver is leaving the pit you are not allowed to cross the pit exit line.
7. The usage of "Teleport to pits" is not allowed.
We know, that there are some situations where "Teleport to pits" make sense:
- the car is completely broken
- the driver found a hole in the mesh and is on its way to earth's centre
- the driver crashed and blocks the street and tries to avoid crashes with upcoming people
When the above situations happen, we suggest to define a button for "Setup in pits" in Content Manager.
This will teleport you into your pit box with the pit setup screen displayed.
You have to use your mouse to get back into your repaired and refilled car and you get a time penalty.
Instead of that, the racer can limp the car back to pits and use a normal pitstop.
We are aware, that it is difficult to control this.
So it's more like a gentleman's agreement.
If you get caught on using "Teleport to pits"
(by a driver a around, cause of our LiveStream, or on the basis of the replay) you will receive:
A Disqualification for the race…