- South Africa made its way back on the 1967 F1 calendar with Kyalami staging its first GP.
- Mosport Park played host to the first ever Canadian GP in 1967.
- Pedro Rodriguez became the first ever Mexican driver to win an F1 race at the 1967 South African GP.
- Jim Clark with four wins from eleven races was the most successful driver in 1967.
- Denny Hulme with only two wins and zero poles managed to win the 1967 Drivers' crown.
- Hulme became the first New Zealand driver to win an F1 championship.
- Brabham defended their Constructors' title in 1967 with four race-wins.
1967 World Championship of Drivers
Championship points were awarded on a 9–6–4–3–2–1 basis to the first six finishers in each round. Only the best five results from the first six races and the best four results from the last five races could be retained by each driver.